During this academic year Kings Lynn Academy’s Houses have raised over £1,500 for various worthy causes.
Some of this was from non-uniform days but the majority of the money was raised from our Christmas Fair Raffle. We would like to thank everyone that donated a prize and all that bought tickets. The draw took place during the talent contest and the winner of the first prize, a signed Norwich City cased football, was Mr P. Aldous; a fervent Norwich City fan.
Students were asked to nominate charities and after considerable discussion, it was decided that all monies raised would be shared between:
- East Anglian Children’s Hospice
- West Norfolk Riding for the disabled
- Children’s Ward at Addenbrookes Hospital
- Children in Need
- Brake Road Safety in Norfolk
- Break (who provide holidays and respite care for children and adults with learning disabilities from all areas of the country.)
- Rudham ward at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Kings Lynn.
On Monday 9th July, students from each House presented cheques to representatives from some of our chosen charities, which were gratefully received. Danielle from East Anglian Children’s Hospice was elated to receive a cheque for £414.30.
We hope to raise even more funds during the next academic year to support these (and other) deserving organizations.
Thank you to all.