Course Outline / Overview
Key stage 3
- Students currently are working on NCFE Enterprise Award
- Students have to create their own business and identify the skills that they can use and how to improve their own skill base
Key Stage 4
We currently offer Business Studies at GCSE.
GCSE Syllabus: EDEXCEL Applied Business Studies
- Students here will be focusing on business operation and key business terms for the controlled condition, and finance for the exam unit.
BTEC: First Certificate and extended certificate in Business BTEC
- The Core year 10 business group will be completing the first certificate in BTEC and the option groups will be studying the extended certificate
- Students will study the following core units
- Business Purpose
- Business Organisation
- Financial forecasting for business
- People in organisation
- ptional units
- Using office equipment
- Starting a small business
- Managing Personal Finance
- Visual Merchandising and Display Techniques for Retail Business
Key Stage 5
We offer a vocational A-Level in Applied Business.
A-Level Syllabus: EDEXCEL Applied Business
- The course is based around 12 units of study, which all involve practical and real-life situations within Business.
- The emphasis is on the people involved, the way they work, the goods and services produced, and the economic climate in which they operate.
This will involve the study of some aspects of:
- usiness Organisations
Students can take either the 12-unit A Level (which is equivalent to 2 A Levels), the 9 unit A level (which is equivalent to 1A2 and 1AS) or the 6-unit A Level (equivalent to 1 A Level). Both Courses run for two years